26 July 2007

the ugly american apparel

Dear American Apparel,

I think I really fucking hate you. I know your clothes fit me, which is why I don't care that they can be a rip off. But you've got some major kinks to iron out of your 100% cotton tees.
Basically, can you please hire some grown ups? I understand you're selling a hipster aesthetic, but don't the too-tight, occasionally neon clothes suffice? I don't really need both the average age AND body mass index of the people waiting on me to be under 23, since they clearly have no idea what is happening, how to use their registers, etc. And please ask them to refrain from stopping the transaction at the checkout to skip the song on their iPod that's broadcasting throughout the store because it's so "six months ago." Also, tell them to wait to discuss the show they're going to on the LES tonight until after I've paid for my t-shirt.
Sorry to have my Baby Rib Men's Briefs in a bunch, but the people need their metallic leotards and Tyvek jackets, and your underweight and overestimated staff is fucking shit up.

Best regards,
Jesse

No comments: